PADI open water course
The PADI OPEN WATER course is the most popular learn to dive program in the world. The card you earn at the completion of the course certifies you to dive to a maximum depth of 18 meters and is the first step on your way to experiencing the wonders of the underwater world.
Learn to dive with PLUNGE and you'll never look back. We'll ensure you receive the training to equip you with the skills and knowledge to safely embark on a lifetime of underwater exploration and enjoyment.
PADI, the Professional Association of Diving Instructors is the most recognised scuba diving certification in the world. PADI courses are the most popular training programs and are supported by a range of high quality training materials. PLUNGE PADI instructors are among the most experienced in Australia.
Our commitment is to provide an educational, safe & fun environment for you to learn to dive!
We guarantee you the best experience while learning with PLUNGE because of our:
Experienced Instructors - among the most qualified and experienced team of instructors in Australia
Dive Today philosophy - with our superbly beautiful location, we've designed the course so that confined and open water dives are part of every day rather than each being allocated to a particular day. Every day is a diving day with PLUNGE.
Student to Instructor Ratio - we limit our class size to a maximum of 4 students per Instructor and NOT instructional staff. Instructional staff is a term used to include Assistant Instructors (AI) and Divemasters (DM) along with Instructors. AI's and DM's are not qualified to assess skills. Their function is to assist a qualified instructor. At PLUNGE we ensure that no more than 4 students enter the water with a qualified instructor and often we'll add an instructional staff member for extra supervision and assistance with this small group. Our commitment is to you getting the most personal attention and maximising your safety, enjoyment and time underwater!
Effortless logistics - our unique location and personalised course structure makes logistics for you really easy and allows you to fully enjoy the benefit of learning to dive the PLUNGE way! Time is not wasted travelling between dive centre and dive site. And, rather than spend time sitting in our classroom doing theory, you can now do it in the comfort of your own home with PADI's eLearning option.
Equipment - you need to be comfortable in your equipment in order to fully appreciate diving. We use the highest quality equipment, equipment we dive in ourselves, rather than standard dive-school equipment. Your first experience with diving should be the best experience it can be. We want you to be comfortable and safe. We want you have such a good experience that you continue diving after your course.
Unique facilities all on-site:
- Classroom in Historic Sandstone Building
- Beautiful dive site directly in front of our dive centre
- Easy and safe entry and exit from dive site
- Exclusive access to private wharf
- Hot Shower
- Renowned coffee shop and superior restaurant open every day
eLearning Component plus the 3 Day Open Water Course
Learning to dive with PLUNGE has just become even more convenient! Now you can complete your PADI Open Water course in only 3 days.
How can you do this?
It’s easy! Just complete the theory section of the PADI Open Water course on-line with PADI’s new e-Learning component option. It means you can do all of your theory at your leisure, whether at work or home.
Once the theory is complete, you’re ready to join PLUNGE for one evening and two fun days of in-water training. You’re not missing out on anything that you would do on the traditional course except having to sit in our classroom for a day. It’s the perfect option for our modern, fast paced and time-poor world!
- Maximise your leisure time – complete the practical, in-water and fun portion of the learn to dive course with PLUNGE Diving in only 3 days
- Learn at your own pace - complete knowledge assessments in your own time
- Convenience - online access to knowledge development course material for one year
- On-line Manual - Unlimited and unrestricted access to an online version of the PADI Open Water dive manual
- Help the Environment – by reducing the need for paper manuals
Why Choose PADI eLearning?
The PADI Adventures in Diving program is a way of building towards the Advanced Open Water course without doing the entire course over one weekend. It's based on the premise that diving is a means to explore other interests. Once comfortable with the basic skills, you'll want to conquer new tasks, see different creatures, journey into diverse environments and experience new adventures over a period of time.
How does eLearning work?
Once you sign up for our PADI Open Water course and choose the eLearning option, we’ll send you an email containing a web-address and access password. When you register you’ll be directed to your personalised PADI eLearning page. PADI's eLearning system presents you with interactive presentations that include videos, audio, graphics and reading. Short quizzes let you gauge your progress, and review and correct anything you might happen to miss. This lets you move through the program efficiently and at your own pace.
Click here for an eLearning demonstration.
When you have completed the entire theory section at home, you’re ready to join us for 3 fun days of in-water training.
The in-water training involves confined water sessions and open water dives. We begin with introducing you to diving in a controlled environment. This is where you begin learning skills to make you a safe diver and allows you to get comfortable underwater.
Once confident with the equipment and you have completed the required skills in confined water, you'll do 4 ocean dives.
Please note: Minimum age for eLearning 3 Day course is 12 years old
The 3 Day Open Water Course - Using E-Learning
Should you prefer a more traditional and relaxed course, we offer a 3 day option on our PADI Open Water course at no additional charge. In this instance, you will be required to complete the online E-Learning and all knowledge reviews at home before coming into PLUNGE. Then we'll spend the first day of your course reviewing your knowledge and conducting your confined water training. Then on the next weekend all we have to do is two dives each day. With the 3 day course you do the same amount of hours on the course but spread over more time.
||3 day course options
Saturday, Sunday & Saturday
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday
|Day 1 08:00 to 16:00
Day 2 08:00 to 16:00
Day 3 08:00 to 16:00
||PADI Open Water Course $445
And, what's included in the course price?
Our PADI Open Water course price includes:
- PADI Open Water manual (on-line or paper)
- PADI Recreational Dive Planner
- Instructor Professional Fees
- Confined water training
- PADI Certification Fee
- PADI Open Water Diver Certification Card
- PADI Open Water Diver Wall Certificate
- SCUBA equipment hire
- Discount on any equipment purchased during course
GROUP RATES on Scheduled Courses
Why not get a group together and save on the price of the course? If there are 3 or more of you, we'll reduce the cost of our scheduled weekend or mid-week courses. The bigger the group, the bigger the discount!
Group of three
| $410 per person, with $40 credit towards equipment
||Group of four+
| $390 per person, with $40 credit towards equipment
What's not included in the course:
1. Diving Medical - In Australia we have a Standard, which stipulates, that in order to learn to dive, a diving medical must be undertaken. This is not included in the price of the course and must be completed before beginning your program. Click here to DOWNLOAD aPADI Diving Medical Statement and List of Diving Doctors.
2. Mask, snorkel, boots & fins - we consider comfort and hygiene very important. We want you to get the most out of your diving experience and enjoy it as much as possible. In order to do this, you need to have equipment that fits. Hire masks tend to leak as they have been used by different shaped faces, hygiene can be an issue using certain defogging methods such as spitting, snorkels sit in mouths and many bare feet in wet neoprene boots can pose hygiene issues. Fins complete your snorkelling package with different models complementing different physiques and consequently your experience. The "ABC's of Diving", your snorkelling equipment, are the least expensive yet primary part of scuba diving equipment. Owning this equipment also means you have the freedom to go snorkelling whenever you wish. (If necessary, fins only may be hired for the duration of the course for $40)
Click here for Booking Terms & Conditions
Click here for Course Schedule
STUDENT EQUIPMENT SPECIALS
As we're asking you to purchase mask, snorkel, boots & fins, we feel it only fair to offer you more competitive prices on their purchase. Once you enroll onto our course you are entitled to our special student prices. We have a range of discounted equipment packages to suit you and your budget and our staff are trained to guide you in making the correct choice. An ill-fitting mask can ruin your diving experience.